Monday, April 8, 2013

Streamside Gear Needs

What’s in your vest?  No wait, do you even wear a vest?  I stated in earlier posts that I spend much of my time during the winter tying and when I’m finished tying I spend a bit of time organizing my fly boxes (not really sure why, the organization only lasts a few hours on the water) but either way, my boxes are full and organized.   I then move to organizing and packing my vest, then taking everything out of my vest and placing it in a hip pack I’ve had laying around that I don’t use very often, then at the last minute before my day on the water I hastily remove a few trusty items from the ol’ hip pack and tell myself “today we are going to use this chest pack that never gets to see any action”.  Two guesses what I say while I’m on the water.  If you guessed “Man I really wish I had my vest!”  well, then you were absolutely right! I truly enjoy entertaining the idea that I am a minimalist, but then the left hand smacks the right hand for allowing me to flat out lie to myself.  So here’s my plea for help; I want to change.  I realize I have a problem.  And from what I've heard, those are the first two steps…and the third is reaching out.  So what kind of fishing apparel organization platform do you utilize (vest, chest pack, strap vest, fanny pack...lol), and what’s in it?  How many boxes, how are they organized?   What tools do you carry?   Leader wallet, tippet spools etc…?  HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment